Warrior basketball successful against Chelsea

Anna Puckett, Lead Photographer
November 21, 2011
Filed under Sports

On Friday, the freshman boys, JV boys, varsity girls and varsity boy’s basketball teams played the Chelsea Hornets at Chelsea. The freshman boys lost to the Hornets 56 to 49 in overtime. The game had gone into overtime tied 46 to 46.
   The JV game started around 5:15 p.m. with McKenzie Clark tipping the ball in Thompson’s favor. Even though Clark got the tip, the Hornets led 12 to 3 at the end of the first period. During the second period, key plays by Austin Mims and Shawn Powell raised the score and the Warriors ended the second period down 24 to 15. At the end of the third period, the Warriors were still losing 31 to 25. In the fourth period, the Warriors were down 30 to 31 when McKenzie Clark made two free throws putting the Warriors ahead for the first time in the game 32 to 31. Thompson’s JV boys ended up winning their game 45 to 35.
     The varsity girls’ game started after the JV guys game ended. The Warriors made many important defensive and offensive plays that put them ahead 33 to 16 at the end of the second period. The Warriors kept their lead to beat Chelsea 63 to 33. The varsity boys’ game started immediately following the girls’ game and started with Kenny Nabors tipping the ball in Thompson’s favor. The Warriors went ahead 28 to 19 at the end of the second period. The varsity boys played a tough game against the Hornets and ended up winning 56 to 37.

Comments

Feel free to leave a comment...
and oh, if you want a pic to show with your comment, go get a gravatar!